The Foundation Preparatory Charter School’s Office Assistant is charged with managing the front office and supporting the Director of Operations and Leadership Team in all aspects of running the school- from student enrollment to facilities upkeep, from family and community outreach to front office administration. The Office Assistant is also responsible for building and sustaining strong relationships with local community members, organizations, foundations and donors.
- Assist in the creation and upkeep of organized system of school information system, including potential families and students, and potential staff.
- Consistent assistance to Leadership Team in all aspects of opening a start-up charter school, from website and newsletter updates, to student intake, to classroom set-up.
- Responsible for the answering of all calls and the greeting of all visitors to the school.
- Assist Leadership Team in all aspects of a new charter school start-up.
- Assist in the creation of and maintain filing system for interested and current families and staff members.
- Assist the Office Manager in operating the front office in a manner that is efficient, friendly and highly organized.
- Assists Director of Operations in all operational duties in a manner that is efficient, friendly, and highly organized.
- Assists with in school discipline in a way that demonstrates a steady decline in disciplinary actions across grade levels as the school year progresses, and an increase in positively reinforced behaviors.
- Assists in the developing of the trimester parent workshop (Foundation Nights) programming that is attended by a minimum of 25 parents and reflects consistent attendance increases month to month.
- Assist in conduct community outreach from hosting of festival booths to planning community canvassing events.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and punctual.
- Able to learn quickly and to take on new responsibilities over time.
- Able to communicate and build strong relationships with school staff, students, families and community members.
- Flexible and able to handle a diversity of tasks responsibilities.
- Willingness to dig in where needed, regardless of the task.
- Completion of, or enrollment in, Associate’s degree program is required.
- Spanish language proficient/fluent.
- Experience working in a similar capacity with demonstrated track record of success a plus; and
- Belief in and alignment with Foundation Preparatory’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
- Time commitment from 7:15 AM – 4:00PM during the week, with some weekend work to attend community engagement events.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Self-directed, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic
As an equal opportunity employer, Foundation Preparatory hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below.