Grades: K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th
Subject: General (Elementary)
Minimum Years of Experience: 1 year preferred
Certification Required: Yes (or in process of obtaining)
Degree Required: Bachelor’s
Job Type: Teaching Position
Employment Type: Full-Time
Foreign Language Proficiencies (Highly Preferred): Vietnamese or Spanish
School Type: Orleans Parish School Board Charter School
Model: Literacy focused
Number of Students at School: 1-120
Number of Teachers at School: 9-12
Average Class size at School: 20 or less
Date Posted: Spring 2016
Opening in 2015 with an integrated kindergarten and first-grade class and growing one grade per year, we will reach full grade span of PreK-6 and maximum student capacity of over 750 students in 2022. We focus on literacy instruction (reading, writing, listening and speaking) and Restorative Justice Practices, creating students that are prepared for academic and life success.
Teaching at Foundation Prep
Foundation Prep seeks passionate educators for the position of Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade Teachers for the 2016-2017 school year. Teaching at Foundation Prep is an ideal position for an educator with a passion for the craft of instruction and the desire to collaborate on a team. In addition to summer, weekly, and interim professional development and team planning meetings, teachers will receive consistent high-impact coaching and feedback from Foundation Prep’s Leadership. Foundation Prep is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a team of excellent teachers.
Teachers are responsible for outstanding academic achievement and student character development. Each teacher at Foundation Prep is required to:
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented, and structured learning environment that excites and invests students;
- Motivate students to realize high academic achievements and meet clear behavioral standards;
- Build classroom community by investing families in children’s academic success and development of the Foundation Prep FIRST values (Focus, Integrity, Respect, Self-discipline, and Teamwork);
- Utilize data from daily, weekly, and interim assessments to drive instruction and intervention;
- Design and implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration with grade-level or subject team;
- Hold high expectations for all students; and
- Exemplify Foundation Prep’s core values in all interactions with students, families and colleagues.
Professional learning, development, and growth
- Collaborate with coach, master teacher, and school team to improve instructional, culture-building, and leadership skills.
- Attend all professional development, team planning, and data analysis meetings.
- Participate enthusiastically in structured and informal learning and development opportunities.
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Demonstrates maturity, strong work ethic, responsiveness to feedback, and a desire to cultivate a joyful professional atmosphere.
- An incredible work ethic and a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
Compensation and Benefits Competitive compensation and benefits package offered.
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below