Our program | Foundation Preparatory
- Literacy is: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
- 200+ minutes of literacy instruction every single day!
- All classes and all teachers teach literacy!
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION.
- Students learn in groups with student to teacher ratios of 9:1 for reading and 14:1 for math.
- Each student is taught at their individual level, ensuring academic success for all!
- We have a strong character education component that will serve our students through the many challenges they may face in life.
- Our school enriches the lives of students and their families.
- We help our families support their children on their journey to academic and life success.
- Emotional Literacy is a major component of our program.
- We use Restorative Justice Practices to mitigate the amount of time a student spends out of class, knowing a student must be in class to learn.
- All students spend time on computers daily to enhance their 21st-century learning.
- All students use results-proven e-programs to enhance learning every single day.
- We have Vietnamese and Spanish speaking teachers and staff.
- We provide English Language Learners services.
- We use inclusion to ensure that students are in classes learning!
DIVERSE STUDENT BODY.
- We strive for a student body that mirrors New Orleans East’s diverse community, because we know that students learn best surrounded by different perspectives.
HEALTH & WELLNESS.
- We provide a healthy breakfast, lunch and snack daily. We follow a School Wellness Policy that can be found here.
- We adhere to the Orleans Parish School Board Special Education Program. Please visit the OPSB site for description of this program.