- Literacy is: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
- 200+ minutes of literacy instruction every single day!
- All classes and all teachers teach literacy!
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION.
- Students learn in groups with student to teacher ratios of 9:1 for reading and 14:1 for math.
- Each student is taught at their individual level, ensuring academic success for all!
- We have a strong character education component that will serve our students through the many challenges they may face in life.
- Our school enriches the lives of students and their families.
- We help our families support their children on their journey to academic and life success.
- Emotional Literacy is a major component of our program.
- We use Restorative Justice Practices to mitigate the amount of time a student spends out of class, knowing a student must be in class to learn.
- All students spend time on computers daily to enhance their 21st-century learning.
- All students use results-proven e-programs to enhance learning every single day.
- We have Vietnamese and Spanish speaking teachers and staff.
- We provide English Language Learners services.
- We use inclusion to ensure that students are in classes learning!
DIVERSE STUDENT BODY.
- We strive for a student body that mirrors New Orleans East’s diverse community, because we know that students learn best surrounded by different perspectives.
HEALTH & WELLNESS.
- We provide a healthy breakfast, lunch and snack daily. We follow a School Wellness Policy that can be found here.
- We adhere to the Orleans Parish School Board Special Education Program. Please visit the OPSB site for description of this program.
ECS Program Description
ECS Disability Discrimination Complaint Procedures
Discipline Policy and Procedures for Students with Disabilities
Section 504 Rights and Grievance Procedures
Seclusion and Restraint Procedures
Parent FAQs: Special Education in Charter Schools